Want to work at Kindness Ranch?
Working at the sanctuary comes with some amazing challenges and the biggest rewards. If you are a truly dedicated animal person this may just be the opportunity you have been looking for.
What are some of the qualities we are looking for in any of our positions? In no particular order -
- Compassionate diet preferred.
- Dedicated to animal wellbeing without compromise.
- Independent and hard working.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated and thorough record keeping
- Consistently strive to not just provide the highest quality of care to resident animals but improve the quality of care
- Follow verbal and written instructions thoroughly
- Knowledge of email and Google Suites, Microsoft Word and Excel
For any listing below please email resumes, cv and references to
Please list position applying for in the subject line of your email.
Facilities and Maintenance (Facility Caretaker)
*Updated September 2021
For this unique and challenging position please email your salary requirements, resume, experience, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although this position is not in direct animal care all standards and practices are relevant and apply.
Kindness Ranch is hiring two facility caretakers. It is of utmost importance to remember we are a positive reinforcement - force free, fear free facility
This is an emotionally challenging position and requires a very dedicated person. You must be okay with working in a remote location and going long periods of time without interacting with many people. The heartbreaks are real, as are the rewards - this is not a position that you come for to "heal" yourself, this is a position you come to in order to heal others.
Sanctuary mindset of giving animals the best life with solid understanding of animal history of being retired lab animals.
- Strong knowledge of facility maintenance. Including but not limited to water systems, construction, welding, plumbing and electrical.
- Operate plow in winter time while maintaining good road conditions.
- Daily physical labor in all seasons/types of weather
- Lift 75+ lbs.
- Drive heavy machinery
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently but follow all sanctuary protocols & guidelines without direct supervision
- Team Player
- Provide a clean, safe environment for all staff and animals
- Daily logs, record books & documentation to meet the standards of KR, USDA & FDA
- Prompt & consistent communication with Executive Director and Animal Care Manager when needed.
- Weekly Reports & Inventory
This is a unique and challenging position which requires a strong work ethic and follow through.
Housing may be provided, salary DOE with paid vacation and health benefits.